5 lines Yant, Sak Yant Tattoo Meaning
5 lines Yant, the five-row yantra
Hah Taew, 5 lines, the five row yantra. represents 5 yant’s or magical spells. Yants are chants, or Khatas and the sounds are pronounced over and over to invoke a state of the mind where the mind can create magical spells. They are chanted 108 times (I have just learnt that 108 means a lot in Thai, it’s a saying) before entering the high level of meditation. Each one will be done individually and the following magical spells have been cast on each line described below.
- The first row prevents unjust punishment and leans in your favour when the area is grey, cleans out unwanted spirits and protects the place you live in.
- The second row reverses and protects against bad horoscope constellations and bad fortune.
- The third row protects you from the use of black magic and anyone who tries to put a curse on you.
- The fourth row energizes your good luck, success and fortune in your future ambitions and life style.
- The fifth row is to gain charisma and attraction to the opposite sex. It also is a boost to the fourth row.
There is an Unaalome (ever decreasing spiral) at each end of a Yant to complete it. The spiral indicates the earthly distractions we encounter in our daily lives and as we grow older and wiser, this spiral gradually decreases until it becomes a straight line pointing upwards. This signifies the path to Nirvana or true enlightenment.
The Sak Yant Rules
There are rules which the Yant bearer should follow.
These can vary from master to master, below is a good example of these rules:
- Do not kill a person with intent.
- Do not steal for your own personal gain.
- Do not lie to harm others. We all tell white lies and there is a difference.
- Do not have sexual relations with another’s partner.
- Do not spit in the toilet. The toilet should be a clean place and not to keep it so, shows disrespect to oneself and others.
- Do not swear at or disrespect your parents in any way.
- Do not speak about people behind their back in a manner likely to cause them harm.
- Do not over consume alcohol and become troublesome to others. Keep in control.
- Do not walk under sexual underwear. The reason for this is to avoid temptations and distractions that the opposite sex can bring. Monks themselves are not allowed to touch a woman’s skin for this very reason and when a monk tattoos a female, he will wear surgical gloves or place a cloth between him and her skin.
- Do not partake in evil deeds. Avoid all contact with such happenings whenever possible.
The above rules are quite basic for all people who wish to be good and for the bearer of a Yant tattoo to be also good.
The rules should be followed as much as possible for the magic to work. Having said that we all make mistakes and you should not beat yourself up about it. Try and correct your mistakes and follow the rules again and the magic will return.